There are plenty of personal website owners wondering how to create a new email account, because their web hosts recommend creating a new email account instead of using the one coming with the control panel by default. Also, many people are searching the method to add email accounts for other people. To help these people out, we have worked out a comprehensive tutorial to teach them how to create a new email account.
In below, we have mainly listed the steps of creating email accounts in vDeck, cPanel and Plesk, which are 3 of the most famous control panels in the industry and have been adopted by numerous web hosting companies. Now, proceed to the details.
Steps of Creating a New Email Account in vDeck
vDeck is a popular control panel used by many web hosts. This control panel owns a lot of loyal fans because of its ease of use, although it is not as famous as cPanel. Among the web hosting providers using vDeck, iPage is one of the most reliable, offering affordable hosting service and quality technical support. See the steps of creating a new email account in vDeck.
- Step 1. Log into your control panel.
- Step 2. Move to the Mail central.
- Step 3. Click and select the Standard Email tab.
- Step 4. Type a name you want to use as the first part of your email account and choose a domain you like.
- Step 5. Type a password in the bottom text filed.
- Step. 6 Click Create. Then, e new email account is created.
Steps of Creating a New Email Account in cPanel
cPanel is recognized as the most user-friendly control panel, which is adopted by a large amount of reputed web hosts, such as BlueHost and HostGator, both of which are 2 of the most trustworthy web hosting companies in a world scale. Now, learn the steps of creating a new email account in cPanel control panel in the following steps.
- Step 1. Visit the official site of your web host and log into cPanel.
- Step 2. Make sure you are on the cPanel tab, scroll down to the mail category and click E-mail Accounts. From the Email Accounts page, you are allowed to create as many email accounts as you like.
- Step 3. Then, choose a domain name you wish to use to and type the name you would like to use as the first part of the email address.
- Step 4. Create a password for the email account. To ensure the password is secure, you need to create your password with at least one symbol, one number, and some key letters. Besides, you are able to use the Password Generator to create highly secured password by simply clicking Password Generator and be sure to write the password down for future reference.
- Step 5. Specify the mailbox quota. Otherwise, select the Unlimited option to make you email account own unlimited quota.
- Step 6. Click Create Account, and you have succeeded in creating a new email account in cPanel.
Steps of Creating a New Email Account in Plesk
Plesk is widely used by web hosts offering Windows hosting service, which is helpful for webmasters to manage every aspect related to their accounts and websites. Besides, it is very easy to set up a new email account in it. See the detailed steps of setting up a new email account in Plesk.
- Step 1. Log into your Plesk control panel.
- Step 2. Once you have logged into Plesk, you can see Mail tab at the top of this page. Click this tab.
- Step 3. Start to create a new email account by clicking Create E-mail Address button.
- Step 4. Select a domain and type a name for the new email account.
- Step 5. Specify the email box size.
- Step 6. Set up a password.
- Step 7. Click OK button to finish.