We make a statement first that this review is on the quality of eNom Linux web hosting service. The in-depth analysis is conducted from the aspects of price, features, performance and technical assistance.
eNom, as an ICANN accredited wholesale registrar, now has been providing hosting service for over a decade. To enable readers to know this company and its hosting service at the very first sight, our editors work out the following rating chart based on practical investigation and real customers’ feedbacks.
Price & Features
People who think about establishing a website absolutely want excellent service at the best price. eNom gives 3 web hosting plans so that customers have options to choose for preference. The pricing packages, which are ranked from low to high, are as follows:
- Plan 1 – Starter: $4.88/mo. This plan is just for the basics, providing 20 GB storage, 200GB bandwidth, 50 email accounts, up to 50 hosted domains and 15 MySQL databases.
- Plan 2 – Advanced: $8/mo. This plan charges a little higher than plan 1, but the offer is the best valued with 40 GB storage, 400 GB bandwidth, 100 email accounts, up to 50 hosted domains and 15 MySQL databases.
- Plan 3 – Power: $ 17.6/mo. This plan is designed mainly for business, asking for much higher with the offering of 100 GB storage, 1000 GB bandwidth, 150 email accounts, up to 50 hosted domains and 15 MySQL databases.
Concluding from the given plans, webmasters are suggested to consider clearly about the limited amount of storage, email accounts, hosted domains and MySQL databases since these are very important ingredients for hosting websites.
Through dozens of years’ hardworking on reviewing the features of many leading companies, our editors work out the following comparison chart containing the most basic and advanced features for readers who want a quick information about eNom.
|Monthly Data Plan||200GB||400GB||1000GB|
|Hosted Domains||Up to 50||Up to 50||Up to 50|
|24/7 FTP Access||YES||YES||YES|
|Search Engine Optimization||NO||NO||NO|
In terms of control panel, eNom provides webmasters Plesk panel, which has an easy-to-use, powerful interface. However, sharing most of the similarities of other control panels, Plesk does cost much more.
Uptime & Speed
The uptime guarantee should be noticed, because it is the basic element for running a site smoothly. With database servers on separate machines that are monitored throughout the day and night, eNom fulfills 99.9% in real practice. Comparing with those hosting companies who announce at least 99.9% uptime, the result is satisfying.
Besides the guaranteed uptime, this company also contributes customers fast server response time by utilizing optimized internet infrastructure, which is 698ms in the best condition. The respond time averages 500ms among the companies we have reviewed.
24/7 phone and email support are guaranteed by the company. Anytime customers encounter a problem, just dial the number given in the web homepage or send an email, and the specialized technical staff is waiting to help.
With the two contact ways, here comes the problem. Sending an email and waiting for help? No one likes this longtime waiting.
Although calling for help is very fast and efficient, the cost may stop people from dialing the number when coming across a tiny technical problem. This problem can be definitely solved in seconds, then calling for help becomes a waste on talents. At this moment, live chat is urgently needed. However, eNom does not have this offer, which is so frustrating.
How is the quality on eNom web hosting service?
To answer the question, we’d like to invite readers to look through the five YES or NO statements for a recommendation.
- First, options on 3 hosting plans enable webmasters to choose their favorites. (Yes)
- Second, ample features with limited storage, domains, email accounts and MySQL databases. (No)
- Third, easy to use Plesk control panel but unaffordable. (No)
- Forth, qualified uptime and fast speed make sure the sites run smoothly and properly. (Yes)
- Fifth, email and phone support without a direct contact through live chat. (No)
Judging from what we have reviewed on this company, we reach the conclusion that the hosting service quality of eNom is not so satisfactory even though the performance is good. Readers can refer to our suggested hosts in the following chart and make a comparison.