The Best Pligg Hosting crown should go to reliable and affordable web hosting providers offering full-featured hosting packages, easy installation and management of Pligg, fast hosting speed and helpful customer service.
Based on these requirements, we have reviewed over 100 web hosting companies by checking their Pligg hosting price, features, uptime, speed and technical support. Finally, we found BlueHost, WebHostingHub and HostGator offering the highest chances for individuals and professionals to create great community sites.
Best Pligg Hosting > BlueHost
Pligg is developed based on PHP and MySQL, and BlueHost offers more than the minimum demands of running the software. People are ensured with zero trouble when setting up a new Pligg website, because the CMS application has been added into the provided 1-click SimpleScripts installer, with which the setup is just a matter of one minute and little IT knowledge is required.
Besides the easy and quick installation, many more features are provided to make sure the hosting service go perfect with the program.
- The latest version of PHP 5.4.x, MySQL 5.5.x & Apache 2.2.x.
- PHP run as suPHP to restrict the execution permission level of applications thus to enhance web security.
- cPanel as control panel with clean interface allows an easy control and management of website including a variety of accounts and stats.
Integrated with those features, the hosting plans are now on sale. People going through the promotional link below are able to obtain a special price of $2.95/mo, which is over 63% off the original $7.99/mo. After signing up, one domain name is sent to customers with one-year free trial. Once something goes wrong with the service, customers are allowed to ask all their money back within the first 30 days and a prorated anytime money back after that period.
Best Pligg Hosting > WebHostingHub
WebHostingHub has three Pligg web hosting packages priced from $8.99/mo. By going through the promotional link, a tempting 78% discount is revealed so the prices are reduced to $1.95/mo for the initial three months.
Their hosting plans are designed with powerful features, with which customers are able to enlarge their community sites with infinite possibilities.
- Unlimited disk space & monthly data transfer.
- 99.9% uptime & 90 days full money back guarantee.
- Fully adheres to all Pligg hosting system with PHP 5, Perl, Python, SSI, shared SSL,Curl, mod_rewrite & Ruby on Rails.
- cPanel control panel integrated with Softaculous 1-click installer to fully handle unlimited email accounts, databases & subdomains.
WebHostingHub gives customers priority to receive helpful and efficient help by hiring hundreds of technical support staff with years of hosting experience to offer world-class qualified and experienced support 24×7 through live chat, email and phone. Besides, in the knowledge base, there are video tutorials teaching people how to install Pligg from cPanel using Softaculous and in-depth articles dealing with some common issues.
Best Pligg Hosting > HostGator
HostGator utilizes powerful data centers that are equipped with solid network infrastructure. This means that the first machine available can be the one to serve a customer’s web pages, making their sites run with faster loading times and fewer interruptions.
In addition, the web host’s plans are cost-effective because the price is truly budget-friendly while the integrated features go beyond an individual Pligg website’s needs. Regularly, the price starts at $6.95/mo, but if people use the coupon code HG45PERCENT via this promotional link, they are able to cut the price down to $3.82/mo.
Check the following lists which display the excellent service the company offers.
- cPanel, 1-click Pligg installation & 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- 24×7 US based support via live chat, email & phone call.
- Unlimited disk space, bandwidth, hosted domains & MySQL databases.
What Is Pligg
To put it simply, Pligg is the social networking system that comes with the open source nature. With this tool, you can create and start the online communities with much ease. For most CMSs like WordPress, they only allow you to set up a site so as to showcase the blog posts and allow people to leave comments. However, in most cases, this kind of communication is just for broadcasting but not for collaborating. In this case, if you are looking for an online presence that is built for sharing and true communicating, you can consider the use of Pligg.
Key Features of This Special Tool
In order to help you better learn about this tool, we have listed all the key features of it in the following.
- Open source – Firstly, we’d like to mention that Pligg is a free and open source tool. This means the code of it is made public for inspection, redistribution and modification. This gives you a high level of utilization freedom.
- Admin panel – There is a centralized admin panel available with Pligg. With it, you can manage the entire social network easily, such as adjusting the site settings, managing users, installing the modules, setting up the groups and many more.
- Module system – There are a lot of modules available that ensure the wide range of add-on features beyond the Pligg core. If you have the knowledge and skills, you can also write a new module for some special needs.
- Templates – Pligg has a default Smarty Template System, with which you can have the full control over the website appearance.
- Groups – With Pligg, you have the freedom to organize all the users into multiple groups based on different interests. And them, you can share the messages with them exclusively.